Sunday, April 9, 2017

Mixed Media and Monochromatic

Hey everyone!!

I am excited to share with you a project I made.
I made this a while ago but wanted to show you
all the possibilities and different
ideas you can do with these adorable images
and papers from Sherri Baldy My Besties.


I made a mixed media 5" x 7" canvas with img146 Prim-A-Dona and
Sherri Baldy Designer Paper in Butterfly Dreams.
This was a fun project that I enjoyed doing.  Picking all the bits and pieces
and just playing around.






For this project I have used the following supplies:
5" x 7" canvas
Stencil- Tim Holtz burlap
Distress Inks-various colors
Stampendous Bubble Gum ink pad
Airdry clay
lace
paper roses
various embellishments cut with a Cricut
black enamel small dots

I started with printing my Butterfly Dreams paper on regular thin paper.

I took various ripped pieces and with the gesso applied to the canvas randomly.

Once dry, I took my stencil and texture paste and added randomly to the canvas
and used a heat gun to dry.  You could even place texture paste down and
apply a texture with fabric or any other items you have laying around.

I took the lace and chipboard elements and applied with gesso onto
the canvas.

Let it dry!!!!!

I took distress inks and the bubble gum ink and applied once again
randomly to the canvas .


I added the Frantage embossing enamel to areas on the canvas
and to the various embellishments


 
I mounted My Besties with foam pop dots and all my embellies with glue dots.



I have provided for you my copic choices for coloring her.
I did her in a monochromatic color tone with pops of pink.




Thanks for having a look!!



For more fun papers and images have a look over at

MyBestiesShop.com





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.